Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BICYCLE RICKSHAW RIDER IN LONDON


Hello,

There are a million things happening around us; but how often do we stop and say: I want to do what someone is doing or I want to be a part of what is happening out there.

I was completely open to new experiences in London and was looking for something different, which meant exciting.

So when I spotted a bicycle rickshaw on Picadilly Circus in the famous West End of London, I exclaimed 'That is exactly what I want to do' ! - Become a bicycle rickshaw rider.

So one week later, I have done exactly that - become a rickshaw rider and I think it's the most fantastic job I can ever have.

I'm a rider with 'BUGBUGS' and they are based out of Shoe Lane, just under the bridge on Holborn Circus and we refer to the location as the 'BASE' and we call the rickshaw a 'BUG'.

Here are some pictures :


ENTRANCE TO THE BASE - STREET VIEW

MY BUG

ME ON MY BUG


INSIDE THE BASE

FRIEDEL - THE MAN BEHIND BUGBUGS


A RIDER CHILLING OUT IN THE LOUNGE



ME WITH MY CUSTOMER (FROM GREECE), NEAR MARBLE ARCH, LONDON

More pictures on:


15 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks like fun and a lot of Beer with it well hope you are good and well bhai all i can say now is "I WANT TO COME THERE TOO"

ginger said...

hi arjun

u look great
i am sure u r feeling great too!

ginger

Maverick said...

Nice one dude...I will catch up with you post 2nd of May...probably that weekend...Good luck

Arun said...

Super stuff. Very inspiring.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Boss !

U look great !

That's one hell of an experience to have !

I didn't know the "bug" was so big !!!

Unknown said...

Cool photos!Looks like its pretty cold out there.Really liked your bug!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Pls post on how u got a tourist visa that allowed u to earn there? cos "I wanna do exactly that!"

Unknown said...

AJ - These snaps are making me think... when do I get into your shoes....

Cool Bro,, Have Fun.....

Unknown said...

hi arjun

howz yr expedition goin on..
loads of fun haaaa..

Arjun Jois said...

Thanks folks. Appreciate your views and comments.

Cheers!
Arjun Jois

Kevin Munshi said...

Its good to see you are happy. That's all that should matter. Take care.. :)

NetworkGeeks said...

sakataagi idee kano

ronin1770 said...

If you are visiting London - make sure you bought London Pass. It is one ticket for 56+ attractions in London. You get extra benefits extra discounts in Restaurants and Retail outlets. More information London Pass

Unknown said...

Enjoying your website Arjun. Looking forward to hearing how you find the Bug Bugs experience!

Tim.

ginger said...

did a search under "arjun jois photos"
i was seeing your snaps after a long gap

u look damn good!
how about posting some new snaps?